The Good, the Bad, and the Nasty
Global Accommodation Reviews
Whether your planning a romantic honeymoon to the far reaches of the Earth, or you need to get you, the wife and kids out of the house for the weekend, then look no further. With reviews from people’s personal experiences, from all over the world, ask your random travel questions, get equipped, and enjoy your holiday!
Rules of Conduct
The following rules and etiquette guidelines apply to the group found at www.facebook.com/groups/WheretostayGBN
This group provides members the opportunity to post and discuss any posts made by members of the group in the form of comments.
Please ensure you read these rules before posting.
Please adhere to the following rules and etiquette requests below.
When writing a review, whether compliment/complaint, please ensure that:
• You name the establishment. It serves no purpose to compliment/complain about a venue with no name. It also helps other guests and stops multiple comments asking for name, location, etc.
• You are clear and concise. If something was good, say why, likewise if something was bad, please elaborate. Why was it bad? Slow, sloppy, cold, etc.
• You are truthful. Omitting facts is the same as not telling the truth. Please bear in mind that there is a good chance that another guest, owner or staff member may also be on this group and can tell another side of the story.
• We love seeing photos, so please try include some.
• The admins/moderators reserve the right to remove any comment or user profile on this group.
• Blocking any of the admin team is grounds for immediate removal from the group.
• When moderating comments or posts, we will try to not remove too many comments, however we will try to maintain certain standards with each thread.
The admins/moderators can and may delete comments/posts or lock posts and/or remove and block users without prior correspondence for violating any of the rules of conduct below, or as they see fit.
• The relevance of the post or comment to the core ideology of the group.
• The extent to which others will understand what is being said.
• The extent of swear words, the degree of insulting language and the severity of the tone of the comment towards either the group, a group of people, or an individual.
• Spam in the form of unauthorised advertisements, click-bait schemes or virus-based spam posts.
• Any posts or comments insinuating food poisoning or the like without pathological proof i.e. a lab report.
• Racist, sexist, offensive and abusive comments. Comments and individuals will be removed without warning.
• Any advertisements/community posts/etc. that have not been authorised by admins/moderators will be removed. Should you wish to post any of the above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Any advertisements in the form of self-promotion, or promoting the business/services of a spouse, significant other or friend, i.e. if you have a vested interest in the business, will be removed. Repeat offenders will be removed from the group.
• Any votes on competitions that form part of an establishment’s “Vote for Us” competition will be disqualified.
• Any shared posts of other experiences. Only first-hand experiences are allowed.
• Please respect other people’s views and beliefs, and take the time to consider your impact on others when making your contribution.
• Please do not post your reviews in other people’s post as comments, please rather write your own review.
• Members who abuse the group and the comments facility by posting under aliases, or who simple post to incite arguments on the group will be warned and then removed should they persist.
• Abbreviated/alpha-numeric/text language is not appreciated and should not be used. Please use full words and sentences so as to make your post or comment enjoyable to all.
• Members are encouraged to report untrue, inaccurate, defamatory, illegal, infringing and /or harmful content on the group to the group admins/moderators, and the admins/moderators undertakes to remove such content if the person reporting the content can provide reasonable grounds to prove the alleged nature of the content.
• Members undertake not to post content on the group which may be illegal, defamatory, infringing, harassing, obscene, commercial advertising, profane, untrue, incorrect or harmful and the admins/moderators reserve the right to remove such content.
• We undertake to review any comment reported to us. We do, however, reserve the right not to delete a comment or post reported as abusive if we feel it has not contravened our terms and conditions or the general rule of law.
• Once a post has been resolved as determined by the admins/moderators, we reserve the right to lock the post.
• Where To Stay – The Good, the Bad, and the Nasty is not affliated or associated in any way with www.wheretostay.co.za
Please note: The views expressed on the group are those of individuals and not those of the admins/moderators, and we accept no responsibility or liability and will not entertain any claims resulting from posts or subsequent comments.